What is the Colorizer vendor license?
Starting October 2022 there will be two types of Colorizer License:
- The Customer license grants all the pro features of the Colorizer application and access to purchase themes from Vendors on the Theme Store.
- The Vendor license grants all the pro features of the Colorizer application and access to purchase AND sell themes on the Theme Store.
- The Customer License costs $59.99 like the previous standard license
- The Vendor License costs $89.99
Difference between Updates and Upgrades
- Updates are accessible in the Colorizer app from the top menu bar LPXColorizer > check for updates and are free. You can identify two different update with their version numbers e.g V2.0 -> V2.1
- Upgrades require to download a new installer (we recommend to uninstall any previous version by trashing the LXPColorizer.app from your Application folder. you won’t loose your themes). Upgrades cost $10. You can identify two different update with their version numbers e.g V1.0 -> V2.0
Vendor License Promotion!
Starting with Colorizer V3 purchase of licenses will offer two license options with the possibility to upgrade from a Customer license to a Vendor license for $30. By default Colorizer V2 standard license IS a Vendor License. This means that you will be saving on the purchase of a License if you wish to sell your themes on the store. When you upgrade from Colorizer V2 to V3 you will however still have to pay $10 for the upgrade, and will be granted the V3 Vendor license, so in essence you save $20 if you purchase a V2 license.
Reason for 2 different licenses
The reason for offering a more expensive Vendor license in V3 comes from two overhead costs.
- Maintenance of Colorizer V3 features, especially for the interface to adapt to every new version of Logic.
- Licencing of our dependencies on the Theme Store. We want to point out that we do not take any commissions on transactions on the theme store. Every pennies go to your wallet.
For more information about the payout system for Vendors please check out the theme store account guide.